Introduction to Cosmetic Lasers and Microdermabrasion
Click here to register nowA highly practical and straightforward introduction into the potentially confusing area of cosmetic lasers. Lasers are the number one area where physicians and nurses overspend because they don't know the business. It is critical that you understand what each laser can do, and more importantly, what it cannot do. Sales people tend to take advantage of naive medical professionals. Beware of the education that comes from them!
This course will include an introduction to the concept of medical lasers including working with them safely, Intense Pulsed Light (IPL), Yag, Erbium, 532, Diode Hair Removal, Skin Tightening, Resurfacing Lasers, and many more. Students will learn how to differentiate between skin types, assess typical reactions, set treatment parameters, determine phases of hair growth, and how to present treatment outcomes to your clients while maintaining safety standard in the industry.
- What kind of lasers are used in Aesthetics?
- Do I have to know all of them?
- How do I buy a laser?
- What does it feel like to provide a laser treatment?
- Please give me a framework to understand what lasers are all about!
- What is a microdermabraision? How much does the machine cost?
- How do I hire a laser technician?
- What are the safety issues around lasers?
- How are laser peels different from regular peels?
- What is an IPL? Is that a laser too? (No!- Dr. Martin)
- Do I really have to understand all the physics involved?
- Who can operate a laser in Canada?
- What are the regulations?
- Am I covered by insurance or do I need extra insurance?
Financing for our courses is also available through MEDICARD. It's completely confidential and approval rates are very high. There's no down payment required, no collateral needed and the interest rates are competitive. You decide if you want to spread your payments out over as little as 6 months to as much as 6 years. You can finance the full treatment price or just a portion. Just go to www.medicard.com to apply.
This course will provide you with so much practical information about what lasers are and how they can fit into your Medical Aesthetics practice!
Terms and Conditions: *I understand that my deposit is fully refundable if a minimum of 45 days notice of my withdrawal is provided. If my withdrawal is less than 45 days, the deposit is non-refundable however the initial deposit may be used towards future training courses. If I require a change of date or to cancel my course with less than 3 weeks (21 days) notice, I understand that I will forfeit my deposit.